Western Space Ambassador Program
The Institute for Earth and Space Exploration is looking for young space enthusiasts to become Western Space Ambassadors! Western Space Ambassadors will inspire Canadian youth and bring Canadian space exploration and science news to the public! They are advocates for the Institute for Earth and Science Exploration at Western University.
Students who become Western Space Ambassadors will receive valuable training in science communication and outreach. They will organize, lead, and participate in public outreach events and workshops. The Ambassador program is open to students from high school to graduate school! Whether you’re just beginning your professional journey or you’re looking to develop a new skill, this opportunity is for you.
A Western Space Ambassador’s duties include:
- Representing the Institute for Earth and Space Exploration at conferences & events;
- Creating social media content for the Institute for Earth and Space Exploration to capture the public's imagination;
- Engaging with the public in a variety of settings;
- Developing and delivering space themed workshops and presentations;
- Helping to organize events and workshops in and around London.
Why become a Western Space Ambassador?
- You will receive training in effective science communication and public outreach skills!
- You will be provided with opportunities to hone your communications & public speaking skills!
- If you are a Western University undergraduate or graduate student, your activities will become part of your official co-curricular record on your transcript!
- If you are a high school student, you will be granted community involvement hours!
- Ambassadors will be recognized at the Institute’s annual Space Day event as well as on the Institute website and social media accounts!
- Network with our team, other Ambassadors, and the public!
- Experienced Ambassadors will also receive mentoring opportunities!
For 2019-2020, Science Communication training for 2020 will take place on January 25, 2020 (NEW DATE) from 10 AM to 3 PM in Room 26 of Physics and Astronomy Building (PAB) at Western University. Please RSVP to attend the session by January 23, 2020 by emailing us at email@example.com!
Interested in becoming a Western Space Ambassador? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!